We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Chillicothe, OH
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

We are planning a trip to the gulf side of Florida and are considering this resort. Could anyone give me any opinions on a recent stay there? Does this resort have elevators? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I need to know quickly though, we are going to reserve a room somewhere tonight. Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
14 replies to this topic
Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Great! We have decided to do the same and are going on the 10th of January. Hopefully, we both have a great vacation!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,289 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Several things:

First off, the water is clean -- because Little Harbour is on Tampa Bay, it is stained brown from the tannins in the waters of the rivers that feed the bay -- think tea -- not hazardous, just brown. I've been swimming off of that beach for more years than I care to count. It's not as nice as the Gulf, but there's nothing inherently wrong with it. (it's close enough to Tampa Bay that bacteria counts stay very low)

Second -- no, that beach was not trucked in from anywhere -- it's a narrow beach, as is typical on bays --but it was originally beach built up by the mangroves that used to grow along the shoreline. (they were cut down decades before cutting down mangroves was illegal)

It's a very nice resort -- it's been there a very long time, and the restaurants draw tourists and locals alike.

The downside is that it's quite a ways from anything -- you're 40 minutes to Bradenton, and about 50 minutes to Tampa -- but only about 15 minutes from the Manatee Viewing Center at Tampa Electric Co.

Mentioned in this post
Bradenton
Bradenton
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,289 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

(should read: It's close enough **to the mouth of** Tampa Bay that bacteria counts stay low -- it is, of course, ON Tampa Bay)

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL

Do not stay! Roaches, roaches, roaches!

Reply to: The Resort Club at Little Harbor in Ruskin, FL
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ruskin