We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

Has anyone stayed in this listing?

tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g34597-…

The reviews seem shady to me and most of the other Vacation Rentals have few to 0 reviews. This place seems like a steal and too good to be true. Any feedback???

5 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

I know nothing about the individual properties, but I'm familiar with the resort and its surroundings.

Part of the reason it's a good price is because while it's very nice, it's also kinda in the middle of nowhere -- it's a full 40-minute drive to downtown Tampa, 30 minutes to Bradenton, and about 40 minutes to Sarasota.

It's very quiet -- and that may be exactly what you're looking for. But it's not exactly a bustling hubbub of activity.

If the name of the resort seems familiar, you may have seen it mentioned last month in this story:

wfla.com/story/28180348/vessel-hits-restaura…

Edited: 25 March 2015, 05:58
Mentioned in this post
Tampa
Tampa
Florida
Bradenton
Bradenton
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sarasota
Sarasota
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,217 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

Yes, if you want quiet that would be the place. Even the water there is the Bay water, i.e. not clear like the Gulf water. There is a beach with nice sand that was brought in and it's good for sunbathing.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

The water isn't really all that bad -- especially compared to what it was a few decades ago. It's brownish because it's a bay, and so stained with the tannins from tree routes, but it's pretty clean.

That beach has been there all by its self since the early 80s -- there hasn't been any renourishment that I'm aware of.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
37,257 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

tree *roots*

(can't believe I did that...)

Save Reply
5. Re: Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor

So did you stay there?

Reply to: Town home in Ruskin in Resort Little harbor