We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

skateboarding for Teens

Level Contributor
22 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
skateboarding for Teens

I just was informed there is a skateboad park at Sanibel school part of their rec. progra. Is skateboading permitted elsewhere on the island like the bike paths? Is it worthwhile to have my teens bring their skateboards. Any skate bord parks in the FT MYers area ?

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Wyoming & Sanibel
Level Contributor
1,344 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: skateboarding for Teens

The skatepark at the school/rec center is the only location for skateboarding. It is not allowed on any of the bike paths. Given the limited venue, I wouldn't have them bring the boards.

Level Contributor
22 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: skateboarding for Teens

WE just returned form a trip to Saibel Please do not bring your skateboards. The Skate park at the elemenatry school/rec center is very basic and inder construction. The skate board park at Ft. Myers was also disappointing.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers
Level Contributor
713 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: skateboarding for Teens

There is one that I have been told is more advanced, whatever that means, in Cape Coral. It's a bit of a ride from Sanibel. But skateboarders I know have traveled farther to satisfy their passion.

Check out the Cape Coral Chamber of Commerce for more information.

Mentioned in this post
Cape Coral
Cape Coral
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Indianapolis
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: skateboarding for Teens

a great park is a little over a hour hour away from Sanibel Island on Ft. Myers appropriatly named Ft. Myers skatepark. it's a pretty chill outside park. worth the drive if you're on Sanibel. I've been to the little "park" at the school on sanibel. big thumbs down. haha you gotta wear full pads and helmet and the park isn't much more then a few ramps and a rail or two on a b ball court. It's also only open for a few hours a day. pretty lame. I just skate the streets on Sanibel. I've been able to find some pretty dope spots.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Indianapolis
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: skateboarding for Teens

a great park is a little over a hour hour away from Sanibel Island on Ft. Myers appropriatly named Ft. Myers skatepark. it's a pretty chill outside park. worth the drive if you're on Sanibel. I've been to the little "park" at the school on sanibel. big thumbs down. haha you gotta wear full pads and helmet and the park isn't much more then a few ramps and a rail or two on a b ball court. It's also only open for a few hours a day when it's the hottest out. pretty lame. I just personally like to just skate the streets on Sanibel. I've been able to find some pretty dope spots. only problems come from an angry senior citizen or two every once in a while haha.

Mentioned in this post
Sanibel Island
Sanibel Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
6. Re: skateboarding for Teens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 04:25
7. Re: skateboarding for Teens

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 04:25
8. Re: skateboarding for Teens

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 03:17