We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pointe Santo or Other??

Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Pointe Santo or Other??

We we be heading to Sanibel again this winter with our little one. She will be 2 1/2 when we go. Last year we stayed at Pointe Santo. Condo was nice- great view- great beach. I thought the pool was a little small. Kind of scary with a steep drop of to the lagoon below and there was a large aligator living there.

I am wondering if there are other condo complexes on the beach with a kid-friendly atmosphere, higher-end condo living and a great beach with a kid friendly pool.

Any suggustions would be great.

Thanks-

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,392 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

I was at Pointe Santo this summer, and the alligator was gone. However one could show up any day, you never know.

If you do choose not to stay there, look into Ocean's Reach, they have their own website and reservation system.

Another place would be Casa Ybel, they have a kiddie pool, one of the only places on the island that does.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

I would second Casa Ybel or rent thru an owner at Sundial. Those are the three places with a kiddie pool.

Another option would be Sanibel Inn, Seaside Inn or Sayana - no kiddie pool, but regular pools and on the nicer side.

Sanibel Island...
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

Agree with the above alternatives. The resident alligator was removed last year and at least since then there have been no others..

...my kids miss him :(

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

Another correction to my earlier post - Casa Ybel and Sun Dial have the kiddie pools, not PS. So two, not three. Sorry about that, i've confused kiddie programs with kiddie pools...

Lol, can you tell I have had a couple nights without sleep due to my kiddie having nightmares??

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

When we stayed at Ocean's Reach there were a lot of families with small children who were loving it there. Not sure how to compare pools as have not been other places but several parents commented on nice it was to be so close to the beach...

Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

Thank you all for your feedback. I will investigate all of these options. I think I have read a lot of good things about Casa Ybel. Glad to hear the alliagtor is gone. Didn't bother me, I liked to watch him, but I was scared to death our 15 month old would fall into his pond! Thanks again, Valerie

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

I would rule out Pointe Santo with your request of "higher-end" condo. You can check out my review listed in the Pointe Santo section for pictures of the higher-end condo we thought we were renting.

As others have stated on here, I'm not sure that Sanibel is really a location if that higher-end luxury is what you are after :) :). Happy Travels!! Good luck with your vacation planning.

Chicago
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

Our condo was very nice that we rented last year- not the best, but clean and safe. I guess it depends on what you get. I liked the security guard on site at night patroling.

Can anyone tell me about the Sundial? Is it really that bad? The reviews are so mixed. Sounds like if you rent from a condo owner it's better than renting from the resort. I just like the fact that they have a kiddie pool and some activities, bar and restaurant on-site. I looked at Casa Ybel and it's super pricey- way more than Pointe Santo. Thoughts?

When I say higher end- I mean nice condo- clean and safe, not the Ritz... Kid friendly is more important...

9. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 04:35
Monmouth County,NJ
Level Contributor
2,298 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pointe Santo or Other??

vpbunny....a friend stayed at Sundial last spring. He rented through an agency (not sure which one), the unit was BEAUTIFUL and everything inside the unit was top notch. The property, beach was lovely (we visited when he was there so this is first hand). However, please note that all units at Sundial as with most other properties on Sanibel are individually owned and furnished according to each owener tastes and preferences. Not all are as nice as others. Another note to be made about Sundial, is that at the time of our visit, they nickle and dime you for everthing there. If you are considering staying there, make sure you know what is or is not included.