We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Topic
Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

I posted the rest of my pics of the Tweenies Christmas decorations this week - some under today's date, some under Tuesday's date. I really love their snowmen - so cute!

http://MyMobileAdventures.com

Where else on the islands do they do it up really big for Christmas? Do any of the restaurants or hotels do a particularly excellent job with Christmas decorations?

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

Hey Tink!! Great pics and info. I love that camera on your blog....

Last week I noticed Jerry's shopping center had great decorations up and it looked like most places on Periwinkle were getting ready to put theirs up.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
485 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

I love Santa with the ladder by the Palm Tree. My youngest daughter just loves Captiva and that stretch of road where you took the photos. Can't wait until she gets home from school to show her your photos. I've never been to the Islands over the Holidays always wondered how they decorated. Thanks for sharing.

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

Hey Sunny, I like Jerry's too. Last year they had some Disney inflatable Christmas stuff there, and we all know what my OTHER weakness is, aside from Sanibel - LOL!

palmtreequeen, I am trying to decide if I can get out there and take some more photos this weekend. I wanted to see the Luminary stuff (tonight and tomorrow night) but I have bashed up my left ankle and might not be fit for walking around a lot... we'll see how I feel tomorrow!

I want to see what some of the hotels look like too. I imagine the big resorts - Sundial, Casa Ybel, maybe Pointe Santo - will be the ones to have the most/best decorations.

Maine
Level Contributor
1,181 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

Ok so your decorations are better than ours and your gas is cheaper!! Not fair- thanks for the pictures they are great:-)

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

There was a really cute one last year down near the Bank of America (but on the other side of the street) of Santa's sleigh, empty, with flamingos instead of reindeer as its team. Santa's boots, hat and jacket were all in the sleigh---he'd changed to resort wear and gone fishing! Alas, I was out of film, but I sure hope it's up again this year. I loved it!

SW Florida
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

kittygal, is that in the Bailey's parking lot somewhere - maybe at Biddles, formerly Gasparillas? I'm trying to picture what else is across the road from the Bank of America.... I will have to drive down there and check it out!

Tink *~*~*

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
2,662 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

I am not sur, tink. It could be further down towards the 7-11, but before the t-junction and definitely on the Gulf side of the road (if that's how you call it? the other side being the Ft. Myers strait?). It's smallish but darling. I want to say it's near a realty office? Right near the roas too, on the grass.

I really hope it is up again. I have gone digital this year so will take lotsa of pics!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

Isn't Cottages to Castles right there and that antique store? Tink - Jerry's had the disney characters up again.

Sanibel, FL
Level Contributor
927 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

LILY's (jewelry store across from Bailey's) has beautiful decorations this year. Jerry's always does such a great job - wonderful for kids with all the characters - Timbers and Matzaluna do a great job as well as the churches on Periwinkle. Tahitian Gardens looked fabulous last night too - Very popular place for the luminary - they had a band and lots of refreshments (vendors had grills out with lots of great food and drink being offered).

10. Re: Best Christmas decorations on the islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 16:20