We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I posted my pictures.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
I posted my pictures.

Finally! I posted the shell pics I collected. I think the white shell on the hawaiian print bathing suit, is a Scotch Bonnet - if anyone has a different guess, please let me know!

1. Re: I posted my pictures.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 04:27
2. Re: I posted my pictures.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 January 2009, 04:27
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I posted my pictures.

I just realized I posted a blurry one, not the photo I intended - sorry about that. Thanks, Alice.

Tampa
Destination Expert
for Anna Maria
Level Contributor
4,843 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I posted my pictures.

sunny - The pictures are beautiful, looks like a great place to stay, I love the "cottage" feel.

Thanks for sharing and the Scotch Bonnet (if that is what it is) is awesome!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I posted my pictures.

Hey, what's the secret code? I can't see them only your 9 from October.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I posted my pictures.

Ok, I think it is officially a scotch bonnet - I read that a SB has 20 teeth, which this one does. The orange part must have worn off.

Bean - not sure why you can't see them. There should be 15 total, I did post another one today.

Tampa,Florida
Level Contributor
194 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I posted my pictures.

That's a Scotch Bonnet.Congrats!!! I've heard they are harder to find than a Junonia.never found one,myself,either.

Good looking conch,too.Especially like the picture with the starfish.Very nice shot!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I posted my pictures.

I can see now Sunny! Yes, most def. a scotch bonnet. I love your beach pics. Nice and uncrowded. Not trying to steal your thunder but I found a S.B. this year on Captiva. It's all white too. I will post a picture of it along with my baby junonia I found. Told ya it was some good shelling this past July.

Very, very sweet conch shell! And you have alphabets, my favorites!

Mentioned in this post
Captiva Island
Captiva Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I posted my pictures.

Thanks you guys. The wierd thing about the Scotch Bonnet is that is was just sitting on the beach, just up from the water line, in the morning in front of Sundial. I was not the first one out, there was no sand on the shell and it is in pristine condition. I thought it might be fake, but now I've done reading on them, I do think it is real and I am very lucky!!!

Bean - what does a baby junonia look like? I have a baby shell, I don't know what it is - haven't seen anything like it before. Can you post yours?

Mentioned in this post
Sundial Beach Resort & Spa
Sundial Beach Resort...
2,798 Reviews
Sanibel Island, FL
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I posted my pictures.

I just mean the Junonia is a wee little one! Maybe only 2 " long! Trying to upload pictures here but for some reason they are all pixelated. Will keep working on it.