We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I posted my pictures.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
I posted my pictures.

Finally! I posted the shell pics I collected. I think the white shell on the hawaiian print bathing suit, is a Scotch Bonnet - if anyone has a different guess, please let me know!

England
Level Contributor
1,729 posts
54 reviews
11. Re: I posted my pictures.

Nice pics Sunny

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
12. Re: I posted my pictures.

Okay, I am going to try a new way to link to some of my pictures of shells collected in July on Captiva. Even with the help of Sunny and photobucket, I still could not get them to load right on TA. They were so bad that TA removed them from my photo file!

Have a look at my scotch bonnet, the twin of sunny's bonnet and my little tiny junonia. There are three junonias in one of the pictures. Two were bought for me from my kids, one bought on Sanibel and one bought on, oh yes, Ebay. With the exception of the two big junonias, all of the other shells were collected on one trip.

…photobucket.com/albums/qq30/Bean3_photos/

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
13. Re: I posted my pictures.

Love that green dish!! Oh, and the shells are spectacular... : )

Maine
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
5 reviews
14. Re: I posted my pictures.

bean- I am soooooo jealous those are incredible...well if I plan it right I believe I can hit your house first and then swing on up to Sunny's...so watch you back (or more accurately your shells) you never know when I might arrive!!! Congrats to you both...

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
15. Re: I posted my pictures.

great shells both of you!! February can't come fast enough for me!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
16. Re: I posted my pictures.

Please, stop on by. I will share my shells with you!

Sunny, did you clean your conch or are you going to leave it as found?

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
17. Re: I posted my pictures.

I did soak it in bleach, but haven't tried to pick off the barnacle yet - I haven't had time.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
18. Re: I posted my pictures.

Sunny, you probably know this but for those that might not, a dental pic works wonders for removing the barnacles. That shell is a beauty!

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
19. Re: I posted my pictures.

I heard about the dental pick - having dinner with a friend tomorrow who is an orthodontist. Maybe he has some laying around his house, or hanging from his Christmas tree... : )

Tulsa
Level Contributor
123 posts
17 reviews
20. Re: I posted my pictures.

Wonderful photos, Sunnyvaca and Bean3! Thank you both for sharing! I have the shelling itch REALLY bad now!

Get answers to your questions about Sanibel Island