We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfcarts and places to stay

Somerset...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Golfcarts and places to stay

We are coming down in July. And are trying to decided where to stay ( Santa Rosa) or west Panama City.

But have came across that folks use golf carts? Where can you drive them?

Also if anyone has any input on staying best places... looking for condo most likely. It is just my husband and myself and our 5 year old son.

2 replies to this topic
Apalachicola...
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
121 reviews
1. Re: Golfcarts and places to stay

Personally I would not waste my money on a golf cart rental as you are fairly limited on where you can drive them. Most people walk and bike and some use a beach cart. If you choose Walton County make sure, if you are not ocean front, that you have beach access; public or private. A new State law will go into effect July 1, and Walton County will be the first County to enforce this law which makes ocean front properties private (no setting up in private areas outside of the high tide line). We really won’t know what it will look like until after July 1. Another consideration is the beach chair concessions that many have complained about along 30A. Some love the convenience and others detest having the space on the beach so crowded by these set ups. So if you have the money for beach front I would choose that over something a block or two away that does not offer private beach space for guests.

In July I would think that pubic beaches will be very crowded. Laguna Beach, in Bay County, is worthy a consideration and not be as crowded as Santa Rosa/30A.

Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
6,085 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Golfcarts and places to stay

https://30a.com/golf-carts/

This is the rules for Walton County where Santa Rosa Beach is located.

Reply to: Golfcarts and places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Rosa Beach