We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dune Allen Realty

Dallas, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Dune Allen Realty

I did not take my family into the direct path of the Storm "Alberto" that was headed straight for Santa Rosa Beach. I called Dune Allen to see if we could get anything back because we didn't use the rental at all and they would not help me. Even with some sort of credit towards another stay in the same condo. She said even if I had trip insurance it would not have helped. I asked her to ask the owner if they might let us use some credit towards a later stay and she said she could talk to manager but was no help. My family and I go to the beach every year and have never faced a storm like this. The news was calling for evacuation and built it up to be really bad. I will not use Dune Allen Realty ever again they were no help in a really bad situation paying thousands of dollars for a week of vacation that we cannot get back. Very disappointing

Mentioned in this post
Santa Rosa Beach
Santa Rosa Beach
705 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
1 reply
Miramar Beach
Destination Expert
for Destin
Level Contributor
5,990 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dune Allen Realty

I live in Miramar Beach - right next to Santa Rosa Beach. "Alberto" was never more than a tropical storm - there was never any call for evacuation. Most insurances will only cover if you are evacuated. The storm ended up to not really have much affect on the area other than rain and wind and storm surge for a day or two. I only heard of one restaurant that closed during the storm - the rest of the businesses in the area stayed open during the storm. Did you look at your rental contract to see the stipulations they have for a refund? I really think that most other companies would have done the exact same thing that Dune Allen Realty did.

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Santa Rosa Beach
Santa Rosa Beach
705 Reviews
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Reply to: Dune Allen Realty
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Rosa Beach