We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wineries

Which Galena hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Moline...
Level Contributor
81 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
wineries

Going to Galena Thanksgiving weekend. Have been to Galena Cellars several times. Any recommendations on other wineries in the area. Also any recommendations on night life in Galena? We visit Galena 4-5 times a year but have never looked into the night life.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
150 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wineries

I travel to Galena pretty routinely on business and am also an avid wine fan. Here is the sad story: there is no good wine produced in Galena. You don't even have to take my word for it--check the wine lists of any of the good restaurants--not a single 'made in Galena' wine to be found.

I know, I was disappointed too! Sorry!

Nightlife consists mostly of the local bars. Walk down the main drag at night and pick which one tickles your fancy.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wineries

Just read about this in the Trib -

November 18 - 19 they are having their 27th annual Galena Nouveau Wine Weekend. Sample from more than 200 wines from across the globe.

www.nouveauweekend.com

3. Re: wineries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2012, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Galena