We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help a guy out with the Murat!

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
97 reviews
Save Topic
Help a guy out with the Murat!

Wanted to buy Wicked tickets for my wife and I. Of course, I am late to the party, and there isnt much left. Box R has some fair priced tickets, but it does say obstructed view. What kind of obstruction is it? Also, what would the dress be at a show like that? Thanks for the help in advance!

4 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,172 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help a guy out with the Murat!

Without doing any research, but based on being to a few shows at the Murat (including, I'll add, Wicked), the obstruction is probably a column. Doesn't their website show some interior shots and/or "sample views" from various seats?

If so, you can probably use it/them to figure out what the obstruction is likely to be and/or how much it will impact your enjoyment of the show.

That's all I got right now,

hlo

Portland, Indiana
Level Contributor
322 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help a guy out with the Murat!

Thanks for the reply! I ended up just buying orchestra level tickets at a higher price. I bet you are right that it is the columns...

Valparaiso, Indiana
Level Contributor
394 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help a guy out with the Murat!

Hey Josh, don't know if you've ever used it, but unless I already know I'm gonna be front row center at my event, I always use aviewfrommyseat.com to see what the view looks like before I get tickets. Check it out sometime.

Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
35 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help a guy out with the Murat!

This is probably too late (I'm not sure how long Wicked was showing in Indy) but the first time I saw Wicked at the Murat, we were 2nd to last row from the back under the balcony and the balcony overhang obstructed the view of about the top half of the stage area. That meant we couldn't see some stuff on the flying parts of the show. There aren't any columns in the Murat theater that I can remember. So this is the only thing I could think it would mean.

Mentioned in this post
Indy Hostel
Indy Hostel
179 Reviews
Indianapolis, IN
Reply to: Help a guy out with the Murat!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted