We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

S W
1 post
Save Topic
Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

Meeting to meet my sister to do the exchange with my 92 yr old dad. She will be traveling up to Chicago on 65N ( from S of Indy) thought we could meet at 465 W and 65 meets. Any place right off her exit?? Mc Donald’s etc??? Thanks for input

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Indy Hostel
Indy Hostel
179 Reviews
Indianapolis, IN
6 replies to this topic
Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

First, welcome to the TA forums!

This particular "interchange" (you'll see why it's in quotes in a moment), isn't going to work. Here's why:

1. There are actually sort of two I-65/I-465 interchanges. One is located around 60th Street (on the west side) and the other around 96th Street. Which one you use depends on exactly where you're coming from. If you check out the NW corner of Indy on Google maps, you should see what I mean.

2. Both of the interchanges are purely interstate to interstate, there is no associated exit(s) to regular surface streets. This means that the actual interchange(s) you've mentioned don't have any access to nearby parking, businesses, etc.

Thus, what I think you're going to have to do is pick an exit that is nearby. Off the top of my head I'd suggest either 96th Street (on the west side) or Michigan Road (on the north side). They're both pretty close to each other (I'm going to say 5 - 10 minutes apart on surface streets, probably less on via the highway). These aren't the only options, but I know that both of them will have plenty of parking lots, restaurants, etc. to choose from for you transfer that are close to the on/off ramps.

Hope this helps,

hlo

Edited: 18 May 2018, 23:27
Mentioned in this post
Indy Hostel
Indy Hostel
179 Reviews
Indianapolis, IN
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Fishers, Indiana
Level Contributor
950 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

hlo - there is no 96th Street exit for 465. (86th yes, 96th no)

I would give a couple of options to the OP:

1. Meet at I-65 exit 130 - this is the Zionsville / Whitestown exit just north of the 865/65 interchange. There is a Cracker Barrel and a Burger King on the southeast corner, and many others nearby. This is an easier entry/exit than the options around 465.

2. Meet at I-465 and 86th Street on the northwest side. There are several restaurants East of 465 on 86th Street, but access to them is a bit limited off 86th - you have to enter the Shopping Center parking lot to get to most of them.

Bloomington, Indiana
Destination Expert
for Bloomington
Level Contributor
9,163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

Oops, my bad. You're right I meant 86th Street (can I claim it was a typo?). I can't even claim that I didn't know which was right, I used to work just off Zionsville Road north of 86th Street.

hlo

Edited: 19 May 2018, 04:40
Indianapolis...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

Agree with all the above.

The exits with good restaurant options, closest to the interchange around 56th or 60th St:, in order:

- W. 86th St. off 465. Panera, Arby's, Chili's, DiBella's, Starbucks, Noodles & Co., Qdoba, Taco Bell, Jimmy John's, Abuelo's, a philly cheesesteak place, Cold Stone, Ted's Montana Grill, Longhorn, Schokalad chocolate cafe, and more.

- W. 71st St. off 465. Jack's Donuts, Le Peep, Steak-n-Shake, Starbucks, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting.

- W. 38th St. off 465. Slightly dicey area... I'm from nearby so I don't mind, but if you're from out of town you may or may not be comfortable... there's a Cracker Barrel, McDonald's, TGI Friday's, Chili's, IHOP, Target with Starbucks, Burger King, and more.

I don't know the interchange around 96th St. as well, so I'll just say the other posters are probably right. :)

Indianapolis...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

you actually have 2 places that 65N connects to 485 W. The easiest would be for her to take 65 to 465 go N to 86th street a bunch of restaurant options there near Traders Point Shopping center. From 86th street exit can go nor the 865 connector marked as Chicago. Panera, Chili's and others

The 2 closest exits directly on 65 to 465 Westside are 71st street and Lafayette Rd neither has good restaurant options although Lafayette Rd has Walmart and some gas stations.

86th street just a better part of town for strangers

Mentioned in this post
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Lafayette
Lafayette
Indiana
Indianapolis...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?

I need a travel update here just saw a release today From July 1st to Aug 5th Bridge Construction will close a coup[le of parts od I65 through Indy so the route through town. So from South of Indy to Chicago will need to take 465 around city. However that won't really change any of suggestions made by everybody best choices ar 86th street of Whitestown Parkway

Mentioned in this post
Indy Hostel
Indy Hostel
179 Reviews
Indianapolis, IN
Chicago
Chicago
Illinois
Reply to: Restaurant where 65N and 465 W meet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;