We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dubrovnik to Tivat

3 posts
Save Topic
Dubrovnik to Tivat

Hi folks, we’re coming to Tivat on the 15 July from Dubrovnik. Was thinking of taking a bus, but heard a horror story that it’s now taking up to 17 hours as they check everything.

Has anyone taken the journey recently or crossed the border? Any feedback / advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Tivat
Tivat
Tivat Municipality, Montenegro
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia
5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dubrovnik to Tivat

17 Hours? Where did you hear that, any links or sources? It can suck on the border, but not 17h. What they do is to take your passport, they scan them and you move on. It can take 10 min or an hour depending on how busy it is, but for sure not 17 Hours.

Even if it would take 17 hours(which it is not) by bus, it would take 17 hours by car too, bus is fine to take, it is a short 65 Mile trip, not really a big ordeal

3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dubrovnik to Tivat

Thanks a million. I thought so too, but you never know seeing as we’ve never been there yet. Gives comfort though that it’s not as bad as 17 hrs!!!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dubrovnik to Tivat

I understand the confusion. We have a boat there and take it back to Germany and of course always got pulled out, the worst was really an hour and even that got on my nerves, so we found a good spot to store the boat and I just fly.

But in general, over the years from my experience in the summer, the times are flactual and depends on how they staff the border. I can not or nobody else predict time, but usually, even if it is busy, it should be under an hour or less.

It would be great if you can come back to this thread after your trip and let us know how it was. I and I am sure others are really curious.

But generally speaking, I would not be to worried

Mentioned in this post
Germany
Germany
Europe
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dubrovnik to Tivat

Thank you, I will. I will endeavor to update my post on the 15th July or after with our experience. Cannot wait.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
19,218 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dubrovnik to Tivat

July 16th is my birthday! Come to Budva for a drink ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Budva
Budva
Budva Municipality, Montenegro
Reply to: Dubrovnik to Tivat
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tivat Municipality
Recent Conversations