We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel near Royals stadium

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel near Royals stadium

We will be in KC for our annual baseball trip in August, and would like to find a decent hotel near the stadium. We're only in for one night and will have our FIL with us (he can't walk distances).

Looking for a restaurant and bar, and non-smoking. Pet free would be ideal too! (not a deal breaker, however).

Any ideas? PS -- at least a 3+ star - 4 preferred.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel near Royals stadium

bump... Anyone?????

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel near Royals stadium

You posted in Kansas, not Missouri where the stadium is located.

The hotel I like near the stadiums is the Drury Inn, but it does not have a restaurant. There is no restaurant that I would recomend within a couple of miles of the stadium.

Rather than stay in a hotel close to the stadiums, I woud stay in another part of town where there are nicer hotels, restaurants and attractions. For example, the Country Club Plaza.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
53 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel near Royals stadium

oops... thank you!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel near Royals stadium

Still planning a trip to KC? Hotels on the Plaza are renowned and the ones in Downtown KCMO (not KS) are conveniently straight down I-70. Investigate each hotel property closely, some will be older than others.

Restaurants in Downtown KCMO are in ample supply too. Economy may have hit a few more than I am aware of so hesitate listing current names and locations but Greater Kasnas City Chamber of Commerce site and Visitors Bureau site should have updated lists.

Nose around for what you're looking for but you're on the right track with either Country Club Plaza (as its formally known) or Downtown. Hope this helps.

5. Re: Best hotel near Royals stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City
Recent Conversations