We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

Coming from Texas in October for Nascar and staying in Olathe at the LaQuinta. Any advice or good places to eat?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

I was wondering if they might have been something served by a vender in the racetrack.

The burnt ends at Backfire BBQ in the Legends are pretty good.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,163 posts
1 review
Save Reply
22. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

The burnt ends place was at the track and had a sign up that said Haywards BBQ, Overland Park, KS. The line formed there at 10 am and it didn't even open until 11 am. I wanted to eat at Oklahoma Joe's in Olathe but Saturday after the race when we went by there, the line was wrapped around the building and we really didn't want to wait that long. Hopefully in June when we come back, I will be out of school and we will have more time for the KC BBQ I have always heard about.

PS. I think the burnt ends is what we throw away here in Texas.

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
18,518 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

I've not been to Haywards or OK Joe's but heard that Joe's is good. Love your last comment! LOL

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
Level Contributor
4,852 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

Haywards BBQ was a pretty good place in the 1990s, but has really slipped in recent years.

Oklahoma Joe's has very good burnt ends (they were featured on Man Vs Food) that are only available on Wednsday evening and on Saturdays. They almost always have a line, but it usualy moves pretty fast. Better yet, call in a to-go order and you go right up to a different counter.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
360 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

For anyone else coming to the area of the Speedway I would like to mention eating at the Lonestar Steak House .....prices are good, food is great....they are next to the Nebraska Furniture Mart in the Legends shopping area...

Kansas
Level Contributor
228 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

In the "burnt ends" department, they are great at Quick's on Merriam Lane. If you think it's something you would throw away, they're not doing it right where you got them.

27. Re: Anyone been to Kansas Speedway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2011, 14:28
Get answers to your questions about Kansas City
Recent Conversations