We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

florida
4 posts
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

Can anyone recommend a bed and breakfast in or around the french quarter? We are looking to stay somewhere that is nice but reasonably priced

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
9,772 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

uflerindee, I'm not sure what your guideline is for 'reasonably priced' but you could try La Maison Marigny on Bourbon (quiet part of Bourbon Street). I haven't stayed there but it gets good reviews.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

There are good places to stay. DO NOT got to the Lamothe house. It was substandard, although reasonably priced. The Royal Street Courtyard gets great reviews and I have seen the outside of it. I plan on going there this fall. Also check out the Dauphine House bed and breakfast as we liked it there. The wonderful bed and breakfast on Esplanade are phenomenal. You can board a trolley and head there. In addition it is close to city park as well. The 1896 O'Malley bed and breakfast is beautiful. I am from Baton Rouge and am always on the lookout for great deals in my favorite town to unwind.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

The comment about taking the trolley to Esplanade Bed and Breakfasts confuses me, especially the part about it (?) being close to City Park. There isn't any trolley (streetcar) that runs down Esplanade. The Canal St. streetcar goes to City Park and passes within 1/2 block of The 1896 O'Malley House but it doesn't, to my knowledge get within walking distance of any B&Bs on Esplanade.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,731 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

I just noticed that this question is posted in the Opelousas forum. You'd probably get more responses if it was moved to the New Orleans forum.

5. Re: Bed and Breakfast in New Orleans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 03:19
Get answers to your questions about Opelousas