We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanksgiving in Bethel

Cape Elizabeth...
Destination Expert
for Portland, Antigua
Level Contributor
1,683 posts
187 reviews
Save Topic
Thanksgiving in Bethel

As a long-time TripAdvisor Expert I have never before opened a topic on a forum.....I try to only be responsive. But my experience this Thanksgiving weekend has moved me to write.

I was DEFINITELY sceptical of skiing at Sunday River.....with the warm weather we've had, my college-friends wanted to do WHAT????? But it was un-frigging-believable. Huge amounts of snow, and we were all up there carving first tracks early in the morning.

I am an expert skiier (was double black diamonds until my recent surgery; am now back to single-blacks) and no one was more surprised than me at how good the skiing was.

Around 1:30 we moved off the slopes to the Sudbury Inn for Thanksgiving dinner. I had not been to the Sudbury in at least 20 years------there was a reason for that and again my expectations were low. But how wrong I was! Dinner was absolutely incredible, and the price-point unbelievable with great wine.

I'm going to review the Sudbury separately, in the usual "review" section of TripAdvisor.

I've liked Bethel OK in the past, but this weekend surely shows a rennaissance. We could not have been more pleased with our experience, both skiing and eating!

Edited: 27 November 2012, 11:39
Mentioned in this post
Sudbury
Sudbury
Northeastern Ontario, Canada
The Bethel Inn Resort
The Bethel Inn Resort
383 Reviews
Bethel, ME
3 replies to this topic
Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanksgiving in Bethel

Sounds like fun. :-)

Level Contributor
41 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanksgiving in Bethel

Very good.... We had a fabulous weekend there last January

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,926 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanksgiving in Bethel

Nice review -- am sure the folks at Sunday River will appreciate your comments... I know someone who is one of their "seasonal" employees and they've been really empahsizing the man-made snow-making ever since the weather turned cold enough so it wouldn't melt off during the day. Sound like those efforts were definitely worth it based on your experience and report.

Reply to: Thanksgiving in Bethel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bethel