We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whoopie pies at roadside stand

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Whoopie pies at roadside stand

When leaving Grafton Notch State Park heading back toward Bethel, there is a little roadside stand selling pies. Does anyone know who the stand belongs to, and if they would pass along their recipe for their delicious whoopie pies? Obviously not something we see for sale in Texas!

Mentioned in this post
Grafton Notch State Park
Grafton Notch State Park
157 Reviews
Bethel, ME
The Bethel Inn Resort
The Bethel Inn Resort
412 Reviews
Bethel, ME
9 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,100 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

Sue --

Not sure about the roadside stand near Bethel.... but here's a link to a copy of the whoopie pie recipe used by a classic Maine cook named Marge Standish.... should give you a great "whoopie" whether or not it's an exact duplicate of the one you got in Bethel.

…blogspot.com/2011/03/horray-for-whoopie-pie…

Mentioned in this post
The Bethel Inn Resort
The Bethel Inn Resort
412 Reviews
Bethel, ME
Maine
Maine
United States
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

Here's another recipe since using a filling made with raw egg-whites is a no-no these days. Raw eggs can have salmonella. Yes, I know, grandma always used the raw egg whites....but believe it or not, eggs were a lot safer in the olden days.

kingarthurflour.com/blog/…

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

Thanks for the recipes! There are also a lot of variations on the internet, but hoping to get as close to those from the little stand as possible. They were great. If anyone knows this person, please let them know.

NH
Level Contributor
3,719 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

....Funny what you take for granted when Whoopie Pies have always been on your mom's dessert menu. Glad that you like them, txsue!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4,109 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

The prices have gone up since Whoopie Pies were featured on "Oprah", but I can vouch for the delicious, authentic whoopies from Labadie's Bakery, available at whoopiepies dot com

2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

For the best higher quality (gourmet) whoopie pies, definitely do https://capewhoopies.com . Awesome flavors like ginger/bourbon and apple/caramel with cute names and nice packaging. You can just get them shipped by the dozen.

7. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 July 2018, 00:56

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
7,293 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

Oh, Tom, you old curmudgeon. Here's my favorite "lobster roll", served at Mache Bistro.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/o2gOBBbCLljux3Rr2

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whoopie pies at roadside stand

Five years later, and we just had cookies with Maple Cream filling from this same stand. And yes she had Whoopie Pies and a pie for sale. Sorry I can’t remember the name of her bakery- which she had posted. But maybe someone will see this again on Trip Advisor and catch it!

Reply to: Whoopie pies at roadside stand
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bethel