We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend trip to Bethel

13 posts
Save Topic
Weekend trip to Bethel

Hello friends!

I am taking a trip to Bethel this weekend with my 22 year old son who is overcoming a broken heart. He is a hunter/fisherman/big outdoorsman, which is why I chose Bethel over coastal Maine.

I would love some good ideas for things to do. He is a very experienced kayaker, me not so much but I can canoe well. We also would love to do some hiking but not anything too extreme. Definitely would like to spot some moose and take in the scenery, as Maine is one of his possible relocations after he graduates college.

Also, would like the best route from Central NJ into Bethel, as I am told the route in from Vermont that most GPS suggests is not the best way.

Thank you for any ideas you care to share. :)

Karen

Mentioned in this post
The Bethel Inn Resort
The Bethel Inn Resort
405 Reviews
Bethel, ME
Maine
Maine
United States
Vermont
Vermont
United States
port republic
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend trip to Bethel

I like Tappen zee bridge , sawmill to 684 to 84 to 91, then 302 to 3 to 115 to 2 over to Bethel. Nice ride passing north of the white mountains.

20 mi or so south of Bethel the Saco river is a nice canoe/kayak run mostly easy flatwater, plenty of campsites along the river

Mentioned in this post
The Bethel Inn Resort
The Bethel Inn Resort
405 Reviews
Bethel, ME
Saco River
Saco River
17 Reviews
Maine
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend trip to Bethel

Thank you, bushwhacker! Hey, I grew up in Absecon, wonder if we know each other!

port republic
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend trip to Bethel

I grew up in north jersey, transplanted here after college at stockton

4. Re: Weekend trip to Bethel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2017, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Bethel