We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Any place open for lunch this Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving, in or near Bethel?

Sunday River Ski Resort
Beach & Pool Clubs, Ski & Snowboard Areas
Bethel Outdoor Adventure
River Rafting & Tubing, Boat Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Kayaking & Canoeing
7 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Bonnie -- Don't know for sure, but would expect that the Sunday River Brew Pub at the corner of Sunday Riveer (ski area) Road and US Rt 2, a couple of miles east of Bethel, would be open. You could give them a call at 207-824-4ALE to be sure. It's not "fine dining" by anyone's imagination. But we've had some decent sandwiches and burgers there over the years. Have a good trip! M-O-T-G

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Thanks, Mainer. That looks really good. I did not know about that place.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,948 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Drive carefully - the weather sounds kind of iffy! Oh, and don't order the nuclear wings if they still have them. My husband can eat almost anything, but the heat was unbearable.

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Thanks CB. We hope to run ahead of the storm and watch the snow fly from the luxury of a hot tub!

Bar Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
6,588 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Sadly, the brew pub is "closed for renovation". We ate at Roosters Roadhouse instead, where the snow caught up with us. After an hour's scary drive, we are safely at our destination. Happy Thanksgiving to all the regulars.

Bass Harbor, Maine
Level Contributor
246 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Soft snowfall and no wind in Bass Harbor. It is very quiet. The driving looks challenging and it is nice to be in for the evening. Stay warm and dry.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
6,882 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lunch this Wednes Wednesday

Bonnie -- Happy Thanksgiving back-at-cha!... Glad to hear you arrived safely. Sorry to hear that the brew pub was closed. Must be getting ready for the ski season. But at least now you know where to find it another time... Snowing-and-blowing since about noontime in Central Maine. Now the debate is: do I do the driveway tonight before bed and again in the morning, or just let it pile up until tomorrow. I've found that as both the snowblower and I get older, doing a smaller amount of snow twice is easier on both of us than trying to do a lot of snow once! Not ready to be a "snowbird" yet, but if this winter turns out to be as bad as last year, I may begin giving it some serious consideration. Hope your holiday is happy and your trip home a safe one.

Reply to: lunch this Wednes Wednesday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bethel