We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Kenilworth, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Just curious about the boat ride over to Cabbage Island for the clambake. Is the boat ride very choppy? I understand it does depend on the weather. I have a terrible time with getting seasick. I do have prescription medication that works well but if it's a choppy ride, not so well. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks so much!

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,402 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

No, not choppy like a whale watch on the open sea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNj3_0qJ5V4

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Would love to hear more feedback in regards to the Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Trip. My husband and I only have 3 nights in Boothbay and I want to make sure we get the overall best experience during those days. Planning a Botanical Garden tour, Lobster Sail, and driving out to Pemaquid Lighthouse for a picnic. Is the Clambake experience worth the 4-5 hours?

Level Contributor
6,402 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

According to all the 5 star reviews on TripAdvisor, yes it sure is worth the 4 hours Michelle.

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
4,189 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

"Worth it" is such a subjective question. Would you like to experience a clambake and do you like the foods served? We were seated in Kaler's a couple of weeks ago when people came in from that trip. One of the women gave her leftovers to the bartender. They sounded like they had enjoyed the day and obviously got plenty to eat!

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

I think I am leaning towards doing the clambake...not something we do in Texas!

Thank you.

Kenilworth, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Hi Michelle, the reviews on the clambake are excellent- not just on Trip Advisor but Facebook & Google. I am super excited for it so I am hoping (praying) the boat ride is a calm, easy one! I'm going the week of August 7th. I will let you know how our experience was.

Kenilworth, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Thank you Tom!

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Thank you tmadonia1...we have decided to do the clambake tour as well! Did you purchase your tickets in advance, or waiting until you arrive? Our trip will be the second week in September. Have a nice time!

Kenilworth, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Michelle M- I just called today for reservations for Tues Aug 8 and they were booked! Asked for Wed, Thurs, Fri- ALL BOOKED! Our first day there is on Sunday Aug 6th and miraculously they had an opening. I would suggest calling NOW for September! Also, the weekdays get booked more quickly than the weekends. You can reserve your spot and they pay by cash or check at the booth at Pier 6. There is also a bar on the boat and the island which is CASH only. Will report back how it was!

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride

Oh wow, thank you so much for letting me know. I have called twice and both times the line is busy! I'll keep calling!!! Thank you again!

Reply to: Cabbage Island Clambake Boat Ride
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor
More Boothbay Harbor Topics