We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boothbay area place to stay

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Boothbay area place to stay

We are planning 3 nights in the Boothbay area. We are an active family with 3 kids 14-10 years of age and looking for a nice place to stay but affordable. We notice cottages have a week minimum in July. That being said -does anyone have any recommendations for late July preferrably on the water. We have considered both Ocean Gate and Spruce Point Inn. The latter feeling it is nicer but the former seems a bit more family. Any suggestions or alternatives. Thanks

Boothbay Harbor...
Level Contributor
539 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boothbay area place to stay

Sorry I don't have any feedback on Ocean Gate vs. Spruce Point, but wondered if you've also looked at the Beach Cove Waterfront Inn. It doesn't front salt water, but West Harbor Pond is really pretty nice. Also just wanted to say that you might see one-week minimum stay requirements in some of the cottages evaporate if there are still vacancies as the time approaches - can't hurt to ask, at least.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
54 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boothbay area place to stay

Thanks for your response. I did consider Beach Cove and perhaps I should go back and check it out again. One of the cottages is more our style and if our stay did not revolve around an event I would have planned this vacation in June when we could have stayed in a cottage without a week minumum. I will check into cottage vacancies closer to date. Thanks for your suggestion. I need to decide asap.

connecticut
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boothbay area place to stay

I've just spent the past 2 weekends at the Beach Cove, and I'd highly recommend it. I have a 14 and 10 yr old, and they had fun. Small salt water pool, and huge rooms if you get 2 queens. Comes with fridge and microwave, and continental breakfast you bring back to room. View is lovely, and there is a beach for lake swimming, and canoes and rowboats to take out. Also a fire pit, which we used to make s'mores, have a glass of wine and meet new friends!

4. Re: Boothbay area place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor
More Boothbay Harbor Topics