We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabbage Island Clambakes

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cabbage Island Clambakes

Hi, looking at going on the cabbage island clambake, our daughter is 3 would this be suitable for us? Thank you.

connecticut
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabbage Island Clambakes

Hi, I went on this 2 years ago with my best friend and my son (who was 8). It was a great experience, and we enjoyed it. BUT, it is definitely geared toward adults, and attracts adults and the grey haired set! My son was able to order a hot dog instead of lobster. The ferry ride is 45 minutes each way, and the trip is 4 hours. It is usually packed with people, I think 150-200 each trip, and the meal is served by ringing a bell, then everyone lines up and carries their tray back to a picnic table to eat. Wait staff for drinks and dessert are very good. They are amazingly efficient for serving that many people. There are a few trails to walk on before or after the meal which offer some nice views. Not much else for recreation and entertaining a 3 yr old! Be sure to visit the Maine State Aquarium! Great big touch tank for kids, and a quick activity. My daughter volunteers there this year!

uk
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabbage Island Clambakes

Thanks for the advice, i think we will give it a miss then and go to the aquarium instaed and a lobster tea somewhere! We are coming over from the UK to the states for a month and spending a week staying in Camden anywhere else you think our daughter my enjoy or any recommendations on family friendly places to eat that serve local food?

3. Re: Cabbage Island Clambakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Boothbay Harbor
More Boothbay Harbor Topics