We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
451 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

Considering booking of this resort for December and very important point is the amount of shade at the beach. Looking at the pictures I do not see any palapas at all. I am very fair and like to stay on the beach all day long. So, please, advise if there enough shade, palapas, trees? And how easy is to get the shady spot. We are planning to stay at the Priveleged section if we choose this resort.

And also if there enough area to walk ( in the resort) since we like after dinner walks?

Thank you.

6 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,716 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

You might want to enter this resorts name on youtube and look at some videos. It's a great research tool that many don't think about.

New York
Level Contributor
1,789 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

Lots of shade on the beach. Palm trees and palapas.

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

Thank you.

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
751 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

Lots of shade on the Privileged side. Palm trees, no palapas. We would go to the beach around 8:30 in the morning to claim our spot, never had a problem. That was this last April. The resort will not be very crowded in early December, but expect it to be packed in around Christmas/New Years. Could affect how early you have to get up to claim a spot.

There's a long path that runs from the lobby to the beach/pool area. Good for a nice walk in the evening.

Rio

Colleyville, Texas
Level Contributor
751 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

We've been to the resort 5 times (and my daughter 2 additional times without us) and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Rio

East Brunswick, New...
Level Contributor
451 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question

Thank you, Rio. We usually also claim our spot around 8 and stay till 5 with the breaks for swim, beach walk and lunch. So a shady spot is a big issue for me. I have not been to Mexico for at least 8 years and do not know what to expect anymore. We started travel to DR and my resort there is perfect for my needs but it is being renovated and we are not sure if they complete the job on time. At the same time we love Mexican food and culture so will consider this resort.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Reply to: Catalonia Priveleged Maroma shade question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Maroma