We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine

Eatontown, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
156 reviews
79 helpful votes
Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine
Save

Any particular places to see or go to in these towns? We are staying in the Brewster Inn for two nights on our way to Bangor.

4 replies to this topic
canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
35 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine
Save

...so what did you find out...we will be staying at the Brewster this summer

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
36 posts
2. Re: Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine
Save

Not much of note for any of these towns. All have been economic victims of the mfg industry and there isn't much but convenience stores and trees along the way. Newport is the last real place you will have "city option" for shopping and supplies. Angler's restaurant is likely the most authentic Maine seafood spot that far north. If you blink, you will miss Corinna. Dexter has the lake and some downtown area, but nothing like a coastal town would be. A nice evening drive would be north on ME-7 to Dover Foxcroft, west on ME-15 to Guilford, up Hudson Ave into Sangerville, and back to Dexter via ME-23. Slightly scenic for the "backwoods". Day trips from Dexter should Moosehead Lake #1, Peaks Kenny State Park #2, and Bangor #3. All within a 1-1.5 hr drive from Dexter.

canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
35 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine
Save

Thanks for the info. We are looking forward to the scenic drives more than anything, so thanks for the route!

canada
Level Contributor
137 posts
35 reviews
17 helpful votes
4. Re: Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine
Save

also...how did you like the Brewster Inn?

Reply to: Newport, Corinna and Dexter Maine
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dexter
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.