We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach and other fun filled adventures

Trenton, New Jersey
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Beach and other fun filled adventures
Save

Hello,

I will be renting a house by Ripley pond this summer. I am told this is right in the Dexter Area. I am wondering if this is close to any of the Maine beaches? How far is the closest one? I've done a google search but I haven't been able to come up with a good answer. Also, is there anything you suggest my adult family and I should not miss?

Thank you! :)

1 reply
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
8,413 posts
144 reviews
148 helpful votes
1. Re: Beach and other fun filled adventures
Save

It sort of depends on whether you're talking about lake beaches or ocean beaches.... Most of the larger Maine lakes have one or more local beaches open to the public -- some municipally owned, others private. Some are free while others have nominal entry fees.

If you're talking ocean beaches, you're probably going to be disappointed... the nearest sandy ocean beaches (Sand Beach in Acadia National Park, Pemaquid Beach in Pemaquid or the beach at Reid State Park are all about a two hour drive (one-way) from Dexter. You've definnitely chosen an inland, not a coastal community.

Have you checked to see what the waterfront is like at the house you're renting... it may have a small beach of its own depending on the property.

Reply to: Beach and other fun filled adventures
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dexter
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.