We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do and must sees in Portland?

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Must do and must sees in Portland?

My husband and I will be visiting Portland in late October. What are some landmarks, activities, food trucks or restaurants we have to visit?!

3 replies to this topic
Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
7,122 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do and must sees in Portland?

Portland Head Light lighthouse in nearby Cape Elizabeth; Victoria Mansion; Portland Observatory; Old Port District; Henry Wadsworth Longfellow House; Osher Map Library at Univ. of Southern Maine; maybe a Maine Sea Dogs baseball game if they're still playing; Portland Museum of Art (depending on what's on display while you're here); any concert featuring the Kotzschm ar Organ at Merrill Auditorium; a walk on the multi-use trail around Back Cove; a Casco Bay Lines ferry ride to one (or more) of the Casco Bay Islands (or take the mail boat run to see several of them in one trip); take the easy drive up I-95 to the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray if its still open while you're here (hours on their website); dozens and dozens of restaurants depending on cuisine and atmosphere you're looking for (Portland has the reputation of being a "foodie" city with more restaurants per capita than any other city in the US -- bon apetit !!).

Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do and must sees in Portland?

Thank you so much for the helpful suggestions!! I'm excited to explore!!

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
201 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do and must sees in Portland?

The Portland Observatory closes each year right after Columbus Day. If you can make before that you will be rewarded with stunning views.

Reply to: Must do and must sees in Portland?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted