We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Walkable area?

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
899 posts
225 reviews
Save Topic
Walkable area?

if staying at the sleep inn on vfw ave. can you walk down to the jetty? Also from the jetty is it walkable to fisherman a crab deck, big owl tiki bar, Harris crab house and the red eye dock bar?

9 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
59,027 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Walkable area?

I don't know where any of these places are off hand, but using Google maps comes up with close to an hours walk from that hotel. Close to 3 miles.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Walkable area?

If I remember correctly the Sleep Inn is not near anything. The Best Western or the Holiday Inn Express are near the restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
146 Reviews
Grasonville, MD
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
899 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Walkable area?

Thanks, if we stay at one of those hotels are all the restaurants close and walkable to each other?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Walkable area?

The Best Western and the Holiday Inn Express are on opposite sides of Rt 50. BW is closest to Fisherman's Inn. The Holiday Inn is closer to Red Eyes, Harris Crab House, Annies. along the marina. You cross under the Rt 50 bridge. I'm not familiar enough with it to know if there are actually sidewalks or shoulders on the road. I believe there is a walking/bike trail connecting all of these places. Take a look at the map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Big+Owl+Tiki+Bar/@38.9700231,-76.2419688,1237m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x56def555c439e1b2?hl=en

Mentioned in this post
Harris Crab House
Harris Crab House
456 Reviews
Grasonville, MD
Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
792 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Walkable area?

MDeliz is correct. All of those restaurants are connected by sidewalk/bike lane and are easily walkable from Holiday Inn or Best Western. I think there's a Hilton Garden Inn as well.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
899 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Walkable area?

I checked those 3 hotels that are close and walkable and maybe because it's a holiday weekend none of them are available. If we stay at one that's about 2-3 miles away are there cabs that would be an option to get there and back?

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Walkable area?

This is a rural area. I seriously doubt there are cabs, but I could be wrong. Might be a chance that a business in that area has a shuttle. Maybe the motel you are considering could tell you what the transportation options are.

Maryland
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Walkable area?

Looks like the Jetty has a bus.

http://www.jettydockbar.com/JettyBus/Rules

Mentioned in this post
The Jetty
The Jetty
254 Reviews
Grasonville, MD
Grasonville...
Level Contributor
425 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Walkable area?

The Sleep Inn is every bit of 2.5 miles from "The Narrows" . You might get an Uber ride, I don't see many taxis around here. The Jetty does have a bus that will pick you up. Tip the driver, have a few drinks there, then take a little walk. From The Jetty you can easily walk to the other places at The Narrows.

Mentioned in this post
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
146 Reviews
Grasonville, MD
The Jetty
The Jetty
254 Reviews
Grasonville, MD
Reply to: Walkable area?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Grasonville