We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ski Day Trip to Wisp

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Topic
Ski Day Trip to Wisp

Hi everyone,

I live in Central Maryland and wanted to take a quick trip skiing to Wisp. I've never been skiing and this place was recommended. I can only stay on Saturday so plan was to book a hotel for one night and ski all day Saturday. Looking at the prices of the actual lodge, it was a little much. Does anyone have any suggestions where to stay where it would be comfortable and clean. Thanks!

Ann

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ski Day Trip to Wisp

If you want to start your drive back toward Rockville, there are some clean motels in Frostburg (Hampton Inn, Days Inn) and LaVale that might fit your bill. None are terribly expenseive. All have easy access from I-68. They are however about 45 minutes or more from Whisp, but are on your drive back to Rockville.

Alexandria, Virginia
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ski Day Trip to Wisp

Thanks for the info. The drive to Wisp was not that bad. We ended up staying only for a few hours and driving to and from the same day. I thought it was a tough drive but it was fairly easy. But it is better to stay the day after skiing because the extra energy expenditure.

3. Re: Ski Day Trip to Wisp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 18:19
Get answers to your questions about Oakland