We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool for a day at a hotel?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Pool for a day at a hotel?

In August Hubby & I are staying at our usual, awesome motel, The Surfside Inn, but I wanted to find a big local hotel (surrounding Chatham OK) where we can day-trip at the pool. Anyone have any ideas? CBI & Wequasset already shot me down...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

www.provincetowninn.com and 508-487-7097. outdoor olympic sized pool. Drinks and snacks all available too.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

Am I wrong in thinking AmyanskyNYC is going to have a very big challenge to find a pool for her use at a hotel or motel where she is not a paying guest?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

The public is welcome at the pool at the Provincetown Inn. Just drop by and 'check in' with them at the front desk on your way in. Bar and restaurant available too. But call them at 508-487-9500 not 7097.

Edited: 27 July 2010, 02:33
Mentioned in this post
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's
The Provincetown Hotel...
603 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

That's really great.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,404 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

CC-Charlie ... do they charge a fee for the day visit? This sounds intriguing.

Chatham
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

Yes, most hotels won't allow it for many reasons. The two most common are the peace and comfort of the guests who are paying a lot of money to stay their and the the liability.

Having worked in many hotels; some that allow it and others that do not, it really is a pain to deal with. The hotels I worked at that did allow it, we got complaints from the guests and then we also got complaints from the day - trippers to the pool about noise and crowding at the pool.

Heating and maintaining pools is very expensive as well as the additional insurance required and if you have lifeguards, that is another expense. The more people using the pool, the more the expense. Most people won't pay more than $10 to use a pool and it is just not worth the potential liability or guest complaints.

I would suggest calling the lesser expensive hotels, or some motels along Rt 28 in Dennis/Hyannis.

Mentioned in this post
Dennis
Dennis
Cape Cod, MA
Hyannis
Hyannis
Cape Cod, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

Dear Forgot, This practice has been going on for years at the Provincetown Inn. I called to make sure they were still open to the public but did not think to ask if they have now implemented a charge which was never the case before. Give them a jingle at the second number I posted if you'd like more info. Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's
The Provincetown Hotel...
603 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
221 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

... or maybe its because things on the Cape have gotten so snooty that its part of the exclusivity they are hoping to foster. We just came back from a vacation at an exclusive Caribbean island where villa renters are welcome at a top tier resort's pool, with the proviso that they do not abuse the use of towels and beach chairs reserved for quests, and it is seen as good customer relations. Now, this may be because at any given time there are more people on the Sagamore Bridge trying to get ON the Cape than on this entire island, but either way, it smacks of the Hamptonization of the Cape that is driving us and others, away...

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
9. Re: Pool for a day at a hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 February 2011, 13:16