We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother/Daughter Getaway Itinerary?

reno, nevada
Level Contributor
56 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Mother/Daughter Getaway Itinerary?

Hi,

My Mom and I are planning on doing a getaway at the end of September, the 24th thru the 29th or 30th to be exact. I was thinking of staying in Chatham at the Chatham Bars Inn, going to Nantucket-White Elephant, and then to Martha's Vineyard-Winnetu Resort. Is this the way to go? And how many days would you stay at each? She is 69 and I am 44. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are going to dine (and wine), sightsee, and shop. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham Bars Inn
Chatham Bars Inn
1,911 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
White Elephant
White Elephant
464 Reviews
Nantucket, MA
Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts
Atlantic Coast
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Mother/Daughter Getaway Itinerary?

Once on the CBI site, click on 'My Dream Vacation' and then >'Cape Cod Adventure' and you'll be able to read about the private boats to Nantucket and M.V. You might also ask if they have a way to transport you to the National Seashore or Provincetown for a quick visit.

http://www.chathambarsinn.com/

Of course a call to their concierge would be illuminating. I hope you have a wonderful trip with your mother; I'm sure you will.

Edited: 11 August 2010, 08:47
Mentioned in this post
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
10 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Mother/Daughter Getaway Itinerary?

If you are not already completely set on the Chatham Bars Inn, I would recommend a stay at the Annabelle B&B in Sandwich. It was far and away the most idealic setting including the most delicious breakfasts and most hospitable hosts when my mother and I had a getaway of our own on the Cape last year. We made the Annabelle our homebase and had daily outings which included trips to MV and Nantucket and a whale-watching excursion. There is no other property I would recommend so highly as this one... :)

Mentioned in this post
Chatham Bars Inn
Chatham Bars Inn
1,911 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Fredericksburg...
Level Contributor
147 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Mother/Daughter Getaway Itinerary?

I've really enjoyed reading this thread and I'm sure you will have a grand vacation together. I have fond memories of 3 & 4 day getaways with my mom leaving my husband and two daughters behind, grinning with their own plans.

Here's my 2 cents. I believe your trip is too early in the fall to enjoy change of season folliage in Mass or Vermont. Please do consider renting a car, you will save so much time and open up so many possibilities. The roads on the Cape are easy to navigate, as mentioned. The Chatham area is a wonderful centrally located spot and the hotel you've picked is desired by many. I've enjoyed a day trip to Nantucket and another to Martha's Vineyard. Personally I liked Nantucket better. Enjoy beaches, seafood and shopping where ever you go.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
The Chatham Motel
The Chatham Motel
379 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Martha's Vineyard
Martha's Vineyard
Massachusetts
24. Re: Mother/Daughter Getaway Itinerary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2011, 13:18