We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rooms in November 2010

Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best Rooms in November 2010

My friend and I will be staying at the Chatham Bars Inn for one night in mid November. Just a girls getaway (50 year old girls). I don't know whether to book the Cottages or the Main Inn. I want the most luxurious and I know the cottages are newer, but am concerned that in November, we'll have to walk back and forth outside. Any suggestions. We'll need two beds. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Chatham Bars Inn
Chatham Bars Inn
1,971 Reviews
Chatham, MA
Cottage Grove
Cottage Grove
#1 of 8 Speciality lodging in Eastham
Wheel In Cottages
Wheel In Cottages
#3 of 8 Speciality lodging in Eastham
Seaside Cottages
Seaside Cottages
#1 of 5 Speciality lodging in South Yarmouth
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,350 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

Call them

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

exactly. : )

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

Wow,,,those were some helpful responses. Isn't this a forum that people can come to to ask questions and get feedback from others who have experienced vacationing in particular places? I think she's looking for recommendations from people who may have stayed there in the past. Many times you don't get the whole picture when you call the resort.

Ritz - I stayed there a few years ago, in the main inn...a view of the golf course....very nice room. I would have loved to stayed in one of the cottages, where the view's are of amazing CHatham Harbor. The walk isn't that far to the main inn...for just one night, I'd go for the cottages.

Mentioned in this post
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,350 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

axa

Here is the problem. The OP was looking for specific information which about "most luxurious" but was "concerned" about walking back and forth. The distance is not a changing item and the management is perfectly capable of giving that information.

Then there is the fact that the great majority of the "usual suspects" live in the area or own a vacation property and it is impossible to have stayed everyplace and in each room. Further, we really aren't travel agents, just folks who enjoy giving information about an area we love.

But, at least now the OP knows that the distance "isn't that far".

The best place on TA to get more specific information on the many lodging properties is the hotel section of the site where folks who may never come back to TA post reviews. I generally find the forums to be the least useful section for very specific property information.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

exactly. : )

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

Well that explanation makes so much more sense neslaw1. -- To me, your first response was so short it seemed a bit rude (which I'm sure wasn't what you intended). I probably took it wrong, but it seemed like you didn't want to be bothered. My bad. Have a great day!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,350 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

No problem. If you add my posts and waterbugs, that is over 4,600 posts. then if you add the other regulars, I am sure it exceeds 10,000 posts. We are here to be "bothered". Sometimes a response requires paragraphs without answering the question and sometimes just 2 words does the job completely.

The Sea
Level Contributor
1,629 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

should I? Nah...... ; )

9. Re: Best Rooms in November 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2011, 13:16