We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Ann Maritime Heritage Museum

California
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Cape Ann Maritime Heritage Museum

Paid $5.00 per adult (2) and $2.00 per child on a visit September 24, 2009. We went in mostly for the aquarium, since our child LOVES sea life. I was horrified by what we found when we walked outside. Almost every tub and tank had at least one dead thing in it. Sometimes it was hard to tell how many dead things were in it, let alone what was alive due to the excessive buildup of algae in each container. One tank alone had 3 dead fish in it, floating in the tank, and one of the dead manta rays was being chewed on by miscellaneous small fish. My kid was shocked and saddened by this display, and I had to spend some time explaining to her that this was not how the display was supposed to be, and that it was an accident that someone would let this happen. I hated lying to my kid, but how do you explain to a 5 year old that views each and every animal/sea creature/insect as a "pet" that anyone could allow this to happen? I can't believe that I paid money for that terrible experience. I would urge the center to take some pride in their facility, clean up their act, and take care of the fish in their possession; they didn't ask to be there - I truly believe that the lobster I saw there would rather be someone's dinner than live any amount of time in such a lousy environment.

1. Re: Cape Ann Maritime Heritage Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2010, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester