We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

Am spending a few weeks in New England in late June early July and would like to spend 3 nights in Gloucester,Mass. Would very much appreciate recommendations for a lovely, reasonably priced placed to stay. Nothing fancy needed, just clean and a good view, private baths. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
New England
New England
United States
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
Salvador, BA
Level Contributor
8,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

One of the nicest views in Gloucester would be from here, and it's also a walk to arguably the nicest beach in town:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g303506-i1199-k333…

There are also a number of B&Bs/guesthouses in town and near the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

Thank you for responding. Sorry, I think I am missing something from your post. You say one of the nicest views is "from here" but I don't see where that is. Thanks

Chelmsford, Ma
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

The Vista Motel is inexpensive, and within walking distance to the best beach, Good Harbor Beach. It's not fancy, but clean. Blue Shutters guest house is nice, too, and beach walkable. Many places are available.

Mentioned in this post
The Vista
The Vista
419 Reviews
Gloucester, MA
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

Are you looking to be in downtown Gloucester area or along the beach road towards Rockport? There are a number of lovely but let you define reasonably priced places. One that is lovely but not sure of price is Emerson by the Sea. This is just north of Rockport with great views of the water. It is not actually in Gloucester but that is a good thing IMHO.

Mentioned in this post
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
Rockport
Rockport
Cape Ann, MA
5. Re: Accommodations in Gloucester Mass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester