We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale watching 22 oct 2012

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
whale watching 22 oct 2012

Will i be too late to see whales on the 22 oct 2012? and recommendation on a tour company pls?

thanks

ysh

Hammond Castle
Historic Sites, Castles, History Museums, Art Museums
Cape Ann Museum
History Museums, Art Museums
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

I think you'll find plenty to keep you busy in Gloucester and nearby. I wouldn't spend time going to Salem for the boat trip even though I know you're eager to get out on the water.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

Yes I think Gloucester will have a lot to do n see. I won't go to Salem.thanks for the advice. I think we all need the rest before going to Boston . There are 4 of us in the group travelling.

Regds yap

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

Cape Ann Whale Watch is scheduled to go that day! You can buy tickets online at www.seethewhales.com they are refundable if they have to cancel for sea conditions but she is the largest and fastest vessel north of Boston so she can go out in weather others may not be able to. The whales are still plentiful in October so Enjoy!

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

Gloucesterbuff, the OP is concerned that s/he won't arrive in Gloucester early enough in the day to make the whale watch trip.

Gloucester, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

Oh well there are lots of other things to do. Rocky Neck is a Americas oldest artist colony with artist working in their studios anxious to share their work. The MAritime Heritage museum, Hammond castle, Cape Ann Museum lots of restaurants and stores they should have no problem finding things to do.

ysh
ireland
Level Contributor
2,375 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

Thank so much for your reply Route128 north and Gloucesterbuf for all your suggestions. What I may do is check on the weather in oct and if the sea is somewhat calm and the promising of whales may just leave early from north Conway to gloucester to join cape ann,s trip at ten am. If not like u all suggest there's plenty to do too.

Thanks again regds ysh

17. Re: whale watching 22 oct 2012

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester