We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local tour company

Martinsville, VA
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Local tour company

Is there a local tour company that has short day tours for cruise ship passengers?

North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local tour company

I don't know of any tours offered from the cruiseport, but there may very well be some. What would you like to see? When are you coming? I ask because you could probably tour on you own easily enough. You might consider renting a car; we could suggest driving routes if you let us know your interests. Enterprise has an office in Gloucester, and I assume they would pick you up and return you to the port at the end of the day (do check their office hours though). Also, on the cruiseport's website, I see that they offer land and water transportation to several local sites. Finally, downtown Gloucester offers a lot and is within walking distance of the port.

Mentioned in this post
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
Martinsville, VA
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Local tour company

Thank you very much!!!

J O
Essex, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Local tour company

Yes, there's a great tour company called "Sweet Shots Secret Spots", Cape Ann's only driving tour. Tour guide, Violet Gray can take up to 4 passengers at a time in their open air Jeep Islander and show you "Cape Ann's hidden spots or whatever it is you would like to see. It's your tour." She does have some interesting themes cooked up!

Contact Violet @: 978-283-4833 978-559-6649

77 Rocky Neck Avenue Gloucester, MA 01930

www.sweetshotssecretspots.com sweetshots@me.com https:/…SweetShotsSecretSpots

Edited: 04 October 2012, 05:16
Mentioned in this post
Gloucester
Gloucester
Cape Ann, MA
North Shore, MA
Destination Expert
for Salem
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Local tour company

Good to know. Thanks for posting, J O. The website's debut seems a bit premature though--probably best to phone for more information.

J O
Essex, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Local tour company

Yes, Violet & Corey are very nice & personable. Apparently, they'll customize any tour for you which can be quite interesting. She happened to say that they've taken historians and people who are very familiar w/the area, who've been pleasantly surprised by the hidden gems she's shown them. Well, good luck & enjoy!

6. Re: Local tour company

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Gloucester