We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone used Hotwire & ended up at John Carver Inn?

Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone used Hotwire & ended up at John Carver Inn?

We need a hotel for a one night stay in Plymouth. Have narrowed it down to the John Carver Inn or Best Western. I've never used Hotwire before, but after doing a bunch of research I believe one of their secret deals is the John Carver. It's pretty good savings. If I'm comfortable taking the risk of not knowing for sure until I book - has anyone had experience with getting a bad/the worst room when using Hotwire? That is my concern.

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Massachusetts
John Carver Inn & Spa
John Carver Inn & Spa
801 Reviews
Plymouth, MA
2 replies to this topic
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone used Hotwire & ended up at John Carver Inn?

Hi, Katie

Yes, I have used Hotwire a gazillion times and no, they don't usually throw you in their worst rooms. Most often they are just trying to fill the hotel up as best they can. I've even received upgrades to beautiful suites when booking thru Hotwire.

I usually use betterbidding.com to try and cross reference what I'm most likely to get. In your case however, Plymouth isn't listed on that website. John Carver is fine. So is Best Western and there's also Baymont Suites and Hotel 1620 that could come into play. For just a 1 night stay in Plymouth, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those choices. I say book with confidence and enjoy whatever you end up getting.

Mentioned in this post
Plymouth
Plymouth
Massachusetts
Iowa
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone used Hotwire & ended up at John Carver Inn?

Thanks! I did it, and got the John Carver. I thought I would - because it was the only 3 start hotel in the area. Saved about $60, so am happy about that! My first time using Hotwire.

Reply to: Anyone used Hotwire & ended up at John Carver Inn?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Plymouth