We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How would you spend your day?

Boston...
Level Contributor
132 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
How would you spend your day?

Hi,

My sidekick and I (both in our 40's) are headed to Provincetown tomorrow via the Boston ferry. We will have between 10:30-8:00 to fill our time. Both of us have only been there once, separately and many years ago. I think we're going to start off with the Trolley tour (unless we find a mimosa first) just to get a feel of the area. I know it will be busy since it's the weekend and the start of carnival, so not sure how that affects anything. I'm also thinking maybe we will rent bikes. Are there bike paths? Places to lock bikes up at the beach?

We love food, drinks and people watching (not necessarily in that order), so I imagine there may be no planning necessary for the day based on that. However, if there are any suggestions of best bar/restaurant to hit or galleries to not be missed or simply anything else that I'm not thinking of, please pass it along.

Thanks,

Alissa

Mentioned in this post
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Relish
$$ - $$$, American, Deli, Healthy
The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
$$$$, American, Seafood, International
Joon Bar + Kitchen
$$$$, American, Wine Bar
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How would you spend your day?

I would skip the bikes unless you really have high interest in riding. Consider taking one of the Art's Dune's Tours. If you like views, then climb Pilgrim tower. There is a movie clip and display about the history of Ptown (think Pilgrims) hidden in the back of the museum.

I love visiting the Race Point Nat. Seashore visitor's center. There are short film clips and the great view from their easy to climb overlook in all directions. You might enjoy poking around in the Marine Surplus shop on Commercial. Some of the items in there are a hoot. Of course you could do a whale watch but that will take up a lot of your time. There is a Ptown visitors center that you can pop into right off the Wharf and see if they have any advice for you according to your interests. They certainly have a lot of literature. Have fun.

Mentioned in this post
Race Point Beach
Race Point Beach
1,310 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,467 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How would you spend your day?

I agree with everything CCCharlie has written

the summer shuttle runs to race point visitors center. So you can get there without bikes.

http://www.capecodtransit.org/ptown-route.htm

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,467 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How would you spend your day?

Also, the Post Office Cafe is on Commercial St between the road to the pier (where the takeout food is) and Town Hall (where you get the trolley tour). They have decent Mimosas!!

Mentioned in this post
Post Office Cafe
Post Office Cafe
422 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Boston...
Level Contributor
6,360 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How would you spend your day?

The lobster pot has good food. Make sure to pick up some fudge in one of the candy stores. Relax, people watch, sit on the beach, enjoy.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How would you spend your day?

We like the upstairs portion of the Lobster Pot with the views.

Boston...
Level Contributor
132 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How would you spend your day?

Thanks all. We actually did a lot less or anything other than relaxing and people watching. Everyone was so friendly, it was a beautiful day. We enjoyed sitting at the bar upstairs at the Boatslip while folks were headed in to tea dance.

Mentioned in this post
Boatslip Resort
Boatslip Resort
132 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,198 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How would you spend your day?

Glad that you enjoyed yourselves. Thank you for commenting. Come back soon (many times actually) so that you can try some additional activities. Cheers

Hartford...
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How would you spend your day?

Glad you did exactly what you said you loved to do: ate, drank, and people watched! Sounds perfect to me!

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,467 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How would you spend your day?

Sound good to me! Glad you had fun.

Edited: 19 August 2014, 19:40
10. Re: How would you spend your day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 13:17
;