We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in October

Level Contributor
60 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in October

I am debating between Carpe Diem, Gabriel's, White Porch, Larchmont Inn for a quick getaway. I know Gabriel's is dog friendly and don't want lots of dogs to deal with but the hotel looks big enough where that wouldn't matter. Need walking distance to sights, parking, clean clean clean. Never been to PTown. Also Mews for dinner-any special table I should know about?

Mentioned in this post
White Porch Inn
White Porch Inn
653 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
The Mews Restaurant & Cafe
The Mews Restaurant...
1,329 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Land's End Inn
Land's End Inn
#1 of 15 hotels in Provincetown
The Seaglass Inn & Spa
The Seaglass Inn & Spa
#3 of 15 hotels in Provincetown
Cape Colony Inn
Cape Colony Inn
#6 of 15 hotels in Provincetown
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in October

I have never stayed at any of them, but Carpe Diem, Gabriels and White Porch are all in walking distance to everything. Carpe Diem and White Porch are on the same street.I have never heard of Larchmont Inn. Most places have some limited parking. Their web sites should tell you. If not a telephone call will do. Carpe Diem has a great reputation and looks very impressive. I drive by Gabriel's frequently as it is on a busy section of Bradford Street. Have you checked the TA reviews for each place. They might give you some idea as to how clean they are.

As for the Mews try to be seated on the lower level that has a bay view.

Mentioned in this post
White Porch Inn
White Porch Inn
653 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Level Contributor
60 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in October

Thanks. How is the location for walking for Benchmark?

Mentioned in this post
Benchmark Inn
Benchmark Inn
573 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in October

My teen daughter wants to stay at Carpe Diem ... But we can't do it because she doesn't meet the minimum age requirement. She wants to stay there because it is a stop on the Ptown ghost tour and is reported to have a resident ghost!

So, fwiw, that would be her chioce. ; )

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,234 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in October

Benchmark is on Dyer Street which is a bit further into the East End than the other places you mentioned and so a bit more away from the center of things but it is still a good location. More in the art gallery end of town. I don't think you can go too far wrong with any of your choices.

Carpe Diem used to be the local funeral parlor. I guess that is where the ghost came from. Just walked by it a few days ago but didn't see anything paranormal.

Mentioned in this post
Benchmark Inn
Benchmark Inn
573 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Dyer's Beach House
Dyer's Beach House
77 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,222 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in October

that's interesting Howland, I didn't know that. The story on the tour was that there was a dedicated employee who was allowed to do the interior design for a room there. He died unexpectedly and comes back from time to time to check on the room!

A ghost tour would never by my first choice ... but I was with teens ... the tour leader was really good. I got some good historical information, even if I didn't see ghosts. ;)

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in October

White Porch: rooms are "petite" and parking can be tight if they're fully booked, but it's impeccably maintained and serves a wonderful breakfast. You'll speak with Tom or Dale- tell them that Jeff and Dave from Rochester, NY, recommended that you stay there. They'll take excellent care of you.

Mentioned in this post
White Porch Inn
White Porch Inn
653 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
Rochester
Rochester
Finger Lakes, NY
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
765 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in October

White Porch Inn gets my vote too! Great location and beautifully presented.We were made to feel really welcome

Mentioned in this post
White Porch Inn
White Porch Inn
653 Reviews
Provincetown, MA
8. Re: Where to stay in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2015, 12:16