We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going Solo during Women's Week

UESyorkie
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Going Solo during Women's Week

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about a last minute trip next weekend to catch the tail-end of Women's Week. I'm planning to attend many of the author meet & greets/ book readings but apart from that, I'd love to get recs for any other events/bars/restaurants where a solo traveler would feel welcome.

Also, I had planned on coming up from Thursday through Sunday, but the only availability at the Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's is for the Christopher studio and from Fri-Sunday. Alternatively, I could stay at the Seaglass from Thurs-Sunday but I've read that it's a bit further from the heart of P-town. Any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Special Offer
Go Boston Card
135 Reviews
from US$57.00*
US$59.00
Cape Cod Fast Ferry
46 Reviews
from US$60.00*
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going Solo during Women's Week

The Seaglass is in the far West End while Gabriel's is in the center of town behind the town hall. I do not really know any place where you would not feel welcome as a solo traveler. You might want to try Sage Lounge, the Mews or Victor's.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
15,591 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going Solo during Women's Week

http://www.provincetowntourismoffice.org/

UESyorkie
Level Contributor
203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going Solo during Women's Week

Thanks for the replies, Howland_Owl and CapeCodCharlie! Those restaurant recommendations look particularly tempting.

I've decided to stay at Gabriel's on Fri and Sat night to try to be in the middle of things. But trying to dive right into everything on Friday afternoon after a six hour drive up to P-town doesn't sound like fun, so I think I'll spend Thursday night at the Seaglass, get a massage, and cop a squat at the raw bar happy hour at Victor's (even though there doesn't appear to be bar seating there) nearby. Thanks again!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,606 posts
245 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going Solo during Women's Week

You can sit at the bar at Victor's.

5. Re: Going Solo during Women's Week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2015, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown