We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

beloeil
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

I will be in Boston for the marathon next week. On the day after the race, I would like to visit Provincetown, but it looks like all the tour companies and the ferries only start offering services for PTown sometime in May. Is there any way to get from Boston to Provincetown on a Tuesday in April? I have no car, I will be arriving from Montreal by bus. I do not want to rent a car. Thank you!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,561 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

You can take the Plymouth and Brockton bus. It will take a while.

beloeil
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

Thank you! I looked at their site earlier and I got the impression that they do not have services during the week in winter/spring. Maybe I did not understand the schedule. I will look again. I don't mind if the ride is 3 hour long, my legs will appreciate the rest, I'm sure.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,362 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

P&B is pretty much your only option. Here is a link to the daily service schedule: http://www.p-b.com/Sched-Provtwn.html

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

Plymouth & Brockton Bus 807 leaves Boston (South Station) at 10:15 AM and arrives in Provincetown at 1:20 PM. Bus 800 leaves Provincetown at 6:30 AM and arrives in Boston at 10:10 AM.

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

pb-bus has two daily round trips in April. You need to change in Hyannis for Boston. Usually they have 2 diffent buses one for South Station, the other to the airport.

Am afraid the trip takes more than 3 hours, closer to 4. But they are the only game in town at that time of the year be4sides a car.

Edited: 09 April 2016, 03:44
Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

Lily, look at the schedule titled "Outer Cape" for your connection from Hyannis to Ptown.

Just want to add also that between North Truro and Ptown the pb-bus makes "on request" stops along rt 6A. If you need to get off before their terminal point at MacMillan Pier let the driver know the name of the place or the address and on Rt6A when boarding and he stops to let you off next to it.

On your return you can flag the bus down anywhere on Rt6A also. Just make sure you are there a little ahead of time and make sure the driver sees you (wave your ticket)

beloeil
Level Contributor
135 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

Thank you for all your answers! This is really helpful. I'm looking forward to my little trip to Provincetown!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,832 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

If you have time please post a brief trip report. We would like to know how you liked it, especially in the off-season.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,276 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

For everyone's information, the entire FLEX bus serving the outer cape, will deviate up to one mile off the scheduled route. It is always wise to call to let them know you will be waiting if you are not confident that they will see you waiting. I do know that there are kiosks for those waiting for the bus in Eastham at scheduled stops, like Town Hall in Eastham. There may also be shelters in Truro, if that is where you are staying.

http://www.capecodtransit.org/flex-route.htm

London, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to PTown from Boston with no car, in April.

We are looking to get this bus from Logan airport to Cape Cod and I assume we will have to get off at Hyannis and then get a taxi to our hotel in West Yarmouth but will enquire if the bus goes nearer to our hotel at all.

Get answers to your questions about Provincetown