We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

We are planning a trip from Boston on the ferry either later this month or July. We want to spend a little bit of time at the beach, see a little bit of the town, maybe do a dune buggy tour. However, since we do plan on spending some time on the beach we would probably want to bring some stuff with us. Preferably chairs and some stuff for the kids to play with. Would doing this be reasonable and still being able to enjoy the town some?

If not we will probably just bring a blanket but incase we spend more time on the beach than we think would like to be comfortable more than anything.

Thanks.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

Are you asking if you can bring the items on the ferry? If so then I see no problem since people bring suitcases. However I am not sure if you want to be shopping and strolling on Commercial Street while carrying beach chairs.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

I wouldn't want to lug chairs around on the ferry and touring Provincetown because it would be a bother. Bringing things to occupy the kids is probably a good idea both for the beach and for the ferry ride. I'd bring towels/blanket for the beach. Don't forget hats and sunscreen.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

I know I can bring the chairs it was more or less would it be reasonable to lug the stuff with us. I MN mostly wasnt for sure if the beach area (or even ferry area or some of the tours) had space for people to keep their belongings like a trolley with some chairs. We will just bring a blanket and a beach bag with stuff for the kids. Thanks

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

The blanket and beach bag idea is the way to go.

5. Re: Taking ferry from Boston question about belongings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2017, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown