We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July summer vacation with teenagers - - -questions

Norwalk
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
July summer vacation with teenagers - - -questions

Hi

we will be staying in Truro mid-July this summer.

planning on getting a beach pass for the national parks - also considering the national park pass to coincide with another trip in August.

- does parking get full or can we expect to be able to find a parking spot?

- beach fires - just called the fire dept - it seems they are on the Truro beaches?

not the national park beaches? - - - i am perusing the truro website - -

does anyone know - do they charge for parking after 6pm?

- can anyone suggest a good grocery store ? or should we just go to stop and shop in p-town?

teenage activities for active kids- any additional suggestions?

so far looking into:

- surfing lesson

- dunes art tour

- sailing tour

Thanks Marianna

3 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
25,095 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July summer vacation with teenagers - - -questions

The beach parking lots fill. People start to leave about 1:30- 2.

Stop and Shop in Ptown is easiest. I get produce at Hillside Farms and seafood at Cape Tip Seafood. Both are in a little strip mall on rte 6 in Truro. On the left as you head to Ptown. I bring a few frozen meat items with me from my home town butcher shop, but mostly we eat seafood.

Happy Planning.

Edited: 07 May 2017, 03:01
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,890 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July summer vacation with teenagers - - -questions

There's a surf shop that gives lessons in Wellfleet called Sick Day. Beach parking lots stop charging at 5. For National Seashore beaches: remember that (before 5) you will have to fit yourselves and your beach items onto a shuttle bus if you choose Coast Guard beach. More parking is at Marconi. I believe that the most parking at the Atlantic beaches is at Nauset in East Orleans. That is a town beach so they also have a (really good) glorified snack bar which is Liam's. Another spot with a big lot is Cahoon Hollow in Wellfleet, another town beach. Park in the restaurant lot and you'll get a voucher in the same amount to spend on food. www.thebeachcomber.com This location has a dramatic tall dune so go to Nauset in East Orleans instead if you have a problem walking/climbing.

Find Art's Dunes tours and sailing both in Provincetown.

Beach fires are allowed but limited in the Nat Seashore as long as you follow their directions which are posted on their site. Also they have their own bonfires scheduled with the rangers telling entertaining stories which might be an easier option for you.

There is a Market Basket at exit 1 coming over the Sagamore bridge. Everything else is marked up from what you are used to in the other stores.

Enjoy your time on the Cape, it's never long enough.

Mentioned in this post
Wellfleet
Wellfleet
Cape Cod, MA
East Orleans
East Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July summer vacation with teenagers - - -questions

Are you looking for a tour of the dune or a tour about art "- dunes art tour"? There are many art galleries in Provincetown and also the Provincetown Art Association and Museum if you meant the latter. If you want to tour the sand dunes then it is Art's Dune Tours.

https://www.paam.org/

http://artsdunetours.org/

And there is Jam's Grocery and Deli in downtown Truro.

Mentioned in this post
Provincetown
Provincetown
Cape Cod, MA
Reply to: July summer vacation with teenagers - - -questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Truro