We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to P-Town

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
Shuttle to P-Town

I read somewhere that you could get a shuttle bus from Truro? Is that true? If so what is the frequency? We are staying there in October. Also, any other advice about places to eat would be really appreciated!

7 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,733 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

It looks like the shuttle only runs weekends in oct. http://www.capecodtransit.org/ptown-route.htm and it stops at almost every hotel on 6a, although not all stops are mentioned

But there is also the flex bus. http://www.capecodtransit.org/flex-route.htm

As for where to eat ... What are you looking for in terms of food, price and ambiance? Terra Luna in N Truro is good; Hot l is fun, lobster Pot is a classic, Mews is good. Savory in Truro is a great coffee spot. I love the Post Pffice Cafe for breakfast.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,039 posts
250 reviews
2. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

Dining could be a bit of a challenge in October. Some places are already closed for the season and some have curtailed their hours and days they are opened. If you are looking for breakfast in Provincetown I recommend Chach and Cafe Heaven. Fanizzi's has a nice Sunday brunch and it is in the east end closer to Truro.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,733 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

Good point Howland. I was there last November for one night. I know that Chach, Post office, Lobster Pot were opened. Others were too, but I was surprised at what was closed.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

Thanks so much for the information on transportation and advice on restaurants. We love seafood! Any suggestions on the best seafood experience in the area?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet, Truro, North Truro
Level Contributor
7,039 posts
250 reviews
5. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

Well, in Provincetown everyplace sells seafood of at least some variety and it is fresh and good. As forgotmypword said The Lobster Pot is a classic and I always enjoy it (same menu for lunch and dinner). Mews is a step up, but only open for dinner. Victor's is my favorite. It is tapas style. Take a look at the list in Trip Advisor

: tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g41778-Provincet…

All sorts of places from fried seafood and sandwich stands by the harbor to The Red Inn on the other end of the spectrum (call for reservations).

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,653 posts
6. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

Last day for Provincetown Shuttle is SEPTEMBER 22, shuttle is not running at all in October.

The Flex bus runs year round Mon-Sat. between Ptown and NORTH Truro. It can be flagged down anywhere on 6A. After it turns onto Rt 6 towards Truro, Wellfleet, Eastham, etc. no flagging down, only scheduled stops.

Edited: 02 September 2013, 04:03
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
26,733 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Shuttle to P-Town

Thanks Mimi ... I missed that date!

Reply to: Shuttle to P-Town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Truro