We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeysuckle Hill

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
117 reviews
Save Topic
Honeysuckle Hill

Does anyone know what is going on with the Honeysuckle Hill B&B? I have not been able to make our annual summer reservations by phone or online. This is our favorite spot and I hope this is a temporary issue.

Mentioned in this post
Honeysuckle Hill
Honeysuckle Hill
220 Reviews
West Barnstable, MA
2 replies to this topic
Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,355 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeysuckle Hill

Hi copperpot,

I am the innkeeper at Fort Hill Bed and Breakfast in Eastham, overlooking the Atlantic in the National Seashore's Fort Hill Area.

Although I have not heard anything specifically about the Honeysuckle Inn, I see that they are no longer accepting reservations. Usually that means what is says and indicates that the innkeepers, for what ever reason, have decided not to run the place as a B+B...at least for this season. They have disconnected their toll-free # and are not answering their local # but do have an answering machine on. Have you left a message?

The average "burn-out rate" for an innkeeper is 7 years and since they opened in 2004, that sounds like a logical conclusion. The strange thing is that they have a blog entry in March with no indication that they would be discontinuing as an inn. Let's hope that unexpected health issues are not the problem.

In any event, you should not wait too long to make a reservation for your summer vacation. Cape Cod inns and B+B's are filling fast!

Mentioned in this post
Eastham
Eastham
Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod
Cape Cod
Massachusetts
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeysuckle Hill

Thanks for the input. Yes I did leave two messages on the answering machine.

While disappointing for me, I hope Freddy and Ruth are doing well and that they may open up again some time in the future. Maybe this is an indication that it's time to rent a spot on the water!

Reply to: Honeysuckle Hill
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West Barnstable