We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

Warsaw, Indiana
3 posts
Save Topic
Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Bed and Breakfast to stay at in Charlevoix? I have a wedding to attend in October and have never been to the area. Are there any fun things to do while visiting Charlevoix? Where is a nice place to eat?

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Bed and breakfasts in Charlevoix
MacDougall House Bed and Breakfast
MacDougall House Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 9 B&Bs / Inns in Charlevoix
Horton Creek Inn B&B
Horton Creek Inn B&B
#2 of 9 B&Bs / Inns in Charlevoix
Maple Leaf Motel
Maple Leaf Motel
#3 of 9 B&Bs / Inns in Charlevoix
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

I don't do B&Bs but maybe the Grey Gables? I stay at the Edgewater Inn, and the Weathervane across the street because of their location.

Restaurants that I can recommend are:

Weathervane, dining room nice, deck casual

Edgewater Bistro, casual, fair prices

Terry's Place, excellent local seafood.

Whitney's, a saloon atmosphere, good chowder etc

Row Inn in Ellsworth(Momstravel always talks about it) a short drive away

The Landings, very casual near theIronton Ferry

Red Mesa in Boyne City

If you're there mid to early Oct the leaf colors should be excellent. I like to golf at that time because there's no one there and the courses are lovely ,if it isn't snowing :-0 There may be some boat rides still operating but its late in the season. If you stay at the Edgewater, I like to boat watch and walk downtown.

Edited: 14 August 2010, 03:59
Mentioned in this post
The Edgewater Inn
The Edgewater Inn
119 Reviews
Charlevoix, MI
Terry's Place
Terry's Place
202 Reviews
Charlevoix, MI
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

Hello Lgott and Rono: Sorry but I haven't been online lately as I just returned from an overseas trip. I, too, don't know any B&Bs in Charlevoix other than Grey Gables. The main hotels in town are the ones Rono recommends. I also fully support his recommendations in town for dining. My favorite are the Rowe Inn in Ellsworth and Terry's Place.

Where is the wedding being held? I have heard great things about weddings at Castle Farms. Moms

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Terry's Place
Terry's Place
202 Reviews
Charlevoix, MI
Warsaw, Indiana
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

The wedding is at Castle Farm. Thanks for the reply. I am considering staying at the Bridge Street Inn located on Michigan Ave. Any other suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Warsaw, Indiana
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

Thank you so very much for your reply. I appreciate your taking the time to offer that information. My husband and I are considering the Bridge Street Inn on Michigan Avenue in Charlevoix. The wedding is at Castle Farm. We do like to golf. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,565 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

I don't know "Bridge Street Inn" but the location is good as it's an easy walk to town. For golf check out Dunmaglas about a ten minute drive east on the Boyne City Rd. Very well kept course, and views of Lake Charlevoix and Little Traverse Bay. http://www.dunmaglas.com/

Edited: 18 August 2010, 05:30
Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
6. Re: Bed and Breakfast in Charlevoix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2011, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix
Recent Conversations
More Charlevoix Topics