We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend Cottage Rental

Toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend Cottage Rental

We'll be in Charlevoix in July for a wedding and would like to rent a cottage for two or three nights. Does anyone know of any weekend cottage rentals in the area?

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend Cottage Rental

You might hear from Deadheadcouple on this, he is very familiar with cottage rentals in the general area. You could private message him, also. :)

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weekend Cottage Rental

Unfortunately, most of the private owners who rent their cottages require a one week minimum in prime summer months. It used to be that there were lots of little cottage "resorts" but most of these have been turned into condo units and sold. Is the wedding IN Charlevoix? Are you looking to be lakefront? How close to Charlevoix are you looking to stay? What are your dates? Obviously a week either side of July 4th is going to be tricky.

Nothing comes to mind that would do a weekend rental in July but I'll do a little looking and see if I can find anything for you. Have you looked at VRBO.com? That's a good place to start as is coolplaces.com, perhaps homeaway? July's the most popular summer month in Northern Michigan, so weather you book a cottage, hotel or whatever I'd do it quickly...maybe even reserve a hotel room w/ cancellation policy as a backup plan?

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Michigan
Michigan
United States
Toronto
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend Cottage Rental

Thanks for your help!

The wedding is Saturday, July 2nd - which I realize is likely the most popular time for cottage rentals in the U.S.

We will be right in Charlevoix; the wedding is being held at Castle Farms.

There will be approximately 5-7 of us staying over.

I'll check out the sites you suggested, and if there is anything else you can think of, I'd definitely appreciate the help.

Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
4. Re: Weekend Cottage Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2011, 12:18
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix
Recent Conversations