We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Charlevoix

Iowa
3 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Charlevoix

Just found this forum and read through all of the posts so far. Me and my fiance are getting married in October and looking for a place to honeymoon and found Charlevoix and looked like a nice place. We live in Iowa so would be about an 11 hour drive which isn't bad.

Just wondering if there are any can't miss things for a couple of honeymooners to do. I think we are going to stay at one of the Weathervane suites. As of now I was thinking of going to Beaver Island, Castle, probably a sunset cruise. I just got done looking at the zip line tours and they look pretty fun also. We are open to any other ideas or areas that are close to this that may be better for us to stay. We have never been to this area so we are a blank slate. Thanks for any help

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Charlevoix

Hello Derrick,

Could you tell us how many days you plan for this trip?

Iowa
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Charlevoix

Sure, sorry forgot that piece of information. We will get there on a Monday evening and probably leave Saturday morning so 4 full days.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,225 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Charlevoix

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Are you coming in early or late Oct? You could be right at peak color time, which is beautiful...if that's the case, definitely plan on doing some hiking. Another must, is the drive up M-119 through the tunnel of trees with a stop at Legs Inn for a drink or bite. I'd also recommend Mackinac Island, but depending on your dates, it could be in late season shut down mode. If you do decide to visit the island, try to do an overnight stay...perhaps at the beginning or end of your stay? Don't miss Petoskey for a day of shopping, bumming and restaurant/bars. Maybe a trip over to the Traverse City area to visit some wineries? If you're into beer there's several great breweries in TC...my favorite is Shorts in Bellaire...a bit closer to Charlevoix and well worth the trip.

You'll get tons of other suggestions, theres a lot to see and do that time of year. You'll have to pick and choose to fit it all in, but you'll have a blast and leave some things to do next time!

Iowa
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Charlevoix

Thanks for some suggestions those are all things I had not thought about. We will be coming in late Oct which I know is probably the off season. Is going to Beaver Island something that would be worth it?

5. Re: Honeymoon in Charlevoix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix
More Charlevoix Topics