We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fisherman's Island state park

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Fisherman's Island state park

This is a great state park located in charlevoix. It should be listed in things to do as it is the premiere scenic destination in charlevoix.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

Interesting point. It is a great State Park. I also love Mt. McSauba Park just north of town. I just looked at the list of Things to Do in Charlevoix and I am a bit perplexed by some (most) of them. I don't know how we can influence this list. Inquiring minds want to know....

There are many more things to do in and around Charlevoix that really should be on that list...Moms

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

Just click on "Add an Article" at the bottom of Things to Do. cymaddux, if you've been there that would be good for you to write. Others could add if they wanted.

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

moms...I bet you could write several articles for the Charlevoix page, which looks like these are needed.

Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
6,453 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

Northernite, I tried that and I don't think that add's an attraction. Looks like only TA can do that with our imput. Here are some directions I found:

On the TripAdvisor home page, scroll down to the Quick Links section, and click Write a Review.

Select which type of property you'd like to review (accommodation, attraction, or restaurant), enter its name and click Search.

Type in the name of the property you're looking for and hit the Search button. Is the place you want to review one of the search results? If so, select it and click "Write Review."

If the place you want to review is not in the search results, click the Tell us more about it link.

In the fields provided, make sure to include the name of the place, its address, official web site and any other contact information you have. We'll match it to something in our database, or add a new listing to the site. If you're not a TripAdvisor member, we'll ask you to register for a free account in order to submit your request. We need you to do this so that we can ensure the quality and credibility of the listings and reviews posted to our site.

Bay City, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
1,282 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

Yep, that is the way I do it all the time, Rono. :)

Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

Well, I do it a little differently. I was able to write about "Elk Viewing" in the Gaylord forum.

I'm not writing a review, but a Travelers Article. To add to "Things to Do" you could type in Charlevoix, MI at the top of the general TripAdvisor page in "search". Then scroll down to "Featured Advice from Travelers" and click on "Things to Do". Then go to the bottom of that page to "Add an Article".

They encourage travelers articles which is different from reviews. I started to do the Fisherman's Island article but stopped as I didn't know what I would write :)

Mentioned in this post
Gaylord
Gaylord
Otsego County, MI
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

Here's the page to add a Traveler's Article for Charlevoix. Go down to the bottom.

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g42068-Activitie…

Edited: 21 March 2012, 09:40
Mentioned in this post
Charlevoix
Charlevoix
Charlevoix County, MI
Gaylord, Michigan
Level Contributor
983 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

I guess I'm doing something different. I'm doing a Traveler Article in Things to Do and you guys are talking about the main Things to Do. Two different things. Sorry about the confusion. Ha... I think I was the only one confused. :)

Edited: 21 March 2012, 09:56
9. Re: Fisherman's Island state park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix
More Charlevoix Topics