We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

Chicago, Illinois
7 posts
Save Topic
Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

Hi, I will be having my wedding at Castle Farms Labor Day weekend 2013. We found a beautiful log cabin to rent in Petoskey. Is that a good idea, or is that too far away? Would you recommend guests stay in Petoskey or Charlevoix for the weekend? Thanks!

St. Clair Shores, MI
Level Contributor
915 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

We've visited Charevoix a number of times recently, and always chose to stay at the Weathervane. Comfortable lodging and exemplary guest service.

A friend of ours needed to stay a weekend in town for a wedding at Castle Farms. She chose to stay at Points North Inn because room doors open to a hallway, not the outside.

There is a significant distance advantage to lodging in Charlevoix for a Castle Farms wedding; over lodging in Petoskey.

ontario canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

castle farms looks so beautiful for your wedding! i would stay in charlevoix. i have never stayed at the weathervane, but have stayed at others owned by the stafford brand and they are incredible. their service and quality is unbeatable.

Northern Michigan
Destination Expert
for Petoskey, Michigan
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

The location of your Petoskey lodging will make all the difference. Some Petoskey addresses may only be 15-20 minutes from the Castle, others will be 30-40.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,691 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

Are you trying to reserve a block of rooms for your wedding or is it a small group who all hope to stay together? If you are interested in renting a home near Castle Farms, I am happy to provide you the names of some realtors who have been very helpful to us in the past. In the alternative, a block of rooms at The Weathervane or Points North would likely work well. For a less expensive option, you might also consider AmericInn Lodge and Suites just a little north of the main downtown area. Finally, there are some terrific Bed and Breakfast establishments right in Charlevoix to consider as well.

I would stay closer to Charlevoix. Petoskey is a great town but for your occasion, I would choose a closer location.

Best wishes on a beautiful wedding and happy, healthy marriage! Moms

5. Re: Lodging for Castle Farms Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Charlevoix
More Charlevoix Topics